10 Main Features in PHP 6
Last modified on by
Now a days PHP 6 is a very popular term among all php developers.
Also several books in the market have already written about PHP 6 such as PHP 6 and MySQL 5 for Dynamic Web Sites: Visual QuickPro Guide (3rd Edition) (link).
Ten Main Features in PHP 6 are as follows:
- Internationalization: Native Unicode – UTF-8 – to the core (strings, APIs).
- Performance: Page level (opcode) caching through moving Alternative PHP Cache (APC) into the PHP core. Native application caching.
- Break to label: Sending a break to a label (like a goto).
- Enhanced array indexing: Array indexing can be used to substring or take an array slice.
- Late static binding
- Mysqlnd – nd for Native Driver
- Foreach on multidimensional arrays
- Removed features – register globals, magic quotes, safe mode, ereg removed from the core
- Calling dynamic functions statically throws E_ERROR
Please pen down your thoughts in comments if I missed any features
Check out my previous post on New features in PHP 5.4 version